Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 5-8 mins
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined - can have tail on
- 3 tablespoons Elfassy Foods Harissa (Hot or Mild - your choice)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a bowl, combine Elfassy Foods Harissa, lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat them evenly with the harissa-lime marinade. Allow the shrimp to marinate for about 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. If you dont have a grill, leave the shrimp off the skewers and heat a large cast iron or other heavy bottom pan until hot.
- While the grill is heating up, thread the marinated shrimp onto the soaked wooden skewers, piercing each shrimp through the tail and the thicker part near the head.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp turn pink and are opaque. If sautéing, sear with butter or a high-smoke point oil for slightly longer than the grill, but to the same end color.
- While cooking, you can brush some of the leftover marinade onto the shrimp for an extra burst of flavor.
- Once cooked, remove the shrimp skewers from the grill and serve immediately.
Optional: Serve the Harissa-Lime Grilled Shrimp with a side of cooked quinoa, some grilled vegetables and/or a fresh salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the size of the shrimp and the heat of your grill. Make sure not to overcook the shrimp to keep them tender and juicy.
Enjoy the spicy and tangy flavors of the Elfassy Foods Harissa-Lime Grilled Shrimp!